Friday, February 24, 2006

You want a toe? I can get you a toe by 3pm.

The internet and sports tickers have really ruined the Olympics for me. Don’t get me wrong, I still watch most events, but when you know the outcome its not much fun. I’ll admit that I watched parts of the ladies figure skating final last night. Parts. There’s no way I was watching the whole thing with all of the great basketball that was on last night (primarily Nova at Cincy). But the fact that I knew that Cohen fell and got the silver killed it for me. Yeah, I’m a wuss for watching figure skating. But there are some babes out there. One thing that really bothered me was that some of the Euro skaters have gone away from skirts and are one-piece outfits. If there are no skirts then there’s no point in watching. I hope this trend doesn’t catch on.

On a related Olympics note, US aerials skier Jaret Peterson punched out one of his friend last night in a drunken rage after he finished 7th in the event. Awesome dude. I’d be mad if I was an Olympic athlete and my event wasn’t until the very end of the games. I’d want to do it early and then party and bang all of the tapering female athletes the rest of the time. How awesome would that be?

On to more important issues like the Cavs acquiring wife beater Lee Nailon and Flip Murray. I don’t really have a problem with either of these deals since they basically got them for nothing. Nailon is a poor man’s Donyell Marshall (if there is such a thing). He doesn’t have the same shooting range nor can he rebound as well, but he can score. So if he can give them the occasional spark off of the bench without beating up any women I’ll be happy. I’m pretty pleased with the Flip deal. They got him for #3 PG Mike Wilks and some cash. With cousin Larry Hughes out until at least the playoffs (barring another late season clapse) and Damon Jones stinking up the entire Lake Erie shoreline the Cavs needed a spark at the 2. While Pavolovic has played well at times, he’s not a horse. He started to show some wear towards the All-Star break. The hope here is that the Flip/Sasha 2-headed monster can average about 20 points per game and give LeBron the help that cousin Larry was supposed to.

I read in Sports Illustrated this week that Kristy Swanson is a home wrecker. Apparently she’s dating her partner from Skating with Celebrities. No problem except for the fact that the show was taped in October (when the relationship started) and the skater dude separated from his wife in November. Even though Kristy has packed on some pounds since her last public appearance she still gets the job done.

I was almost in disbelief when I saw that Reggie Wayne resigned with the Colts. Talk about breaking a stereotype. I never thought I’d see the day that a player from the “U” would take less money to stay with a winner. Wayne would have gotten #1 receiver money with the weak free agent class (minus TO) and the substandard draft class. Whoever thought that Reggie Wayne would be a trailblazer? I would bet on the fact that his current teammate Edgerrin James will not be following suit.
As I watched the Wisconsin-Northwestern game last night and tried not to fall asleep (will someone shoot with more than 10 seconds left on the shot clock?) I noticed that Wisconsin has a player that looks an awful lot like Chris Rock. Kammron Taylor could be Rock’s doppelganger. It’s uncanny.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I've been trying to get my girl to rent it with me, to no avail. I'm totally intrigued by this doc. Can you just rent it at Ballbuster? After that clip, I've gotta see this thing.

12:53 PM  
Blogger CFunk28 said...

I saw part of it on Discovery and almost peed myself. I missed the last half of it though. Which I'm sure is the best part since him and his camera girl get eaten.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home