Wednesday, January 03, 2007

What do I look like? A bottle of Jim Beam!

The Walker and Texas Ranger bonus cuts on the Ricky Bobby DVD are awesome. I'm not a huge bonus material guy, but on Will Ferrell comedies they're a must see.

Holidays were okay. Spent 3 days in Ohio visiting family which was nice. Of course our flight back on Xmas night was cancelled so we had to fly out the next morning in a packed airport. Good times.

I did see Ric Flair in the Charlotte airport while running to our gate (flight was delayed 20 minutes out of Akron and we barely made it on the plane in Charlotte). Needless to say I was beating myself up on the plane when I realized I should have given him a "Whooooo!"

Just a quick thought to mull over. Darren McGavin as the dad in A Christmas Story, the greatest holiday movie father of all time. This includes Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation. He's cynical, foul mouthed, and most importantly gets his son the gift his mother refuses to buy. All great traits. And the lamp scenes are worth their weight in gold ("You were always jealous of that lamp!")

The Fiesta Bowl was the greatest college football game I've every seen (excluding the 2003 Fiesta Bowl of course). Pure play calling genius. And props to Chris Peterson for knowing that his defense was spent and going for 2 after the OT score.

Overall this has been maybe the most exciting bowl season I've ever seen. Huge comebacks and exciting games across the board.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Speaking of PSAs, have either of you seen these:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Canadian+PSAs

I watch them when I'm down...it helps.

11:49 AM  
Blogger CFunk28 said...

The Canadian PSAs are awesome. I watched them went you sent out the email.

Pretty much the entire bonus section of Ricky Bobby makes it worth buying the DVD.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Hey Calvin...Fuck off you dirty midwestern hick!!!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home